Skip to main content

Not a Woman of a Few Words


In a world where voicing your opinions is still distasteful, I am here expressing them as often as I can. I am definitely NOT A WOMAN OF A FEW WORDS! Believe it or not, I am a woman of A LOT of words, all the words I know to be fair! 

Communication is the key, lock, room, premise, as a matter of fact, an entire universe for me.

From all my little life experiences to the situations I’ve been stuck in, communication has always been my way out. And for the ones I could not find a way out, I choose to believe that effective communication would have changed that. 

We are out here, trying to thrive in the world that finds opinions offensive and standing up for yourself disrespectful. But you still gotta put it on the table. As long as you are not going all out, loud, clear and precise about what you freaking think and what you freaking want, how do you even expect people to give that to you or stop giving it to you!

You are hurting, you speak; you are sad, you share; you are worried, you address; you are happy, you express; you are anxious, you convey; you are unsure, you tell; you are trying, let them know. 

Whatever you have to say, if you think it needs to be heard, just put it out in the world. I am sure, if you are someone like me who has a lot to share, you have been turned down too often to be scared to lose a thing. 








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.