Skip to main content

Ever since I can remember, the motto of my life has consistently been not to take anyone's crap. In whatever I do, howsoever I do, this has been my process all along. While growing up, I have seen a lot of abuse around the world, physical, emotional, verbal, all. And I would think to myself, why would people put up with something like that? What could be a compulsion that drives you to such a point? 

I would pledge to myself that I'll never let someone put me through something like that because what could possibly be more important than self-respect. But I did. Time and again, I let people put me through the worse than I had witnessed. It was astonishing for me to spectate the kind of control you, let people have over you like you stop being in charge and give the command of your life to someone else. It's like falling in a black hole making out of which alive seems preposterous.

I have been such a giver all my life, the situation no bar that at a point I literally gave up being myself for a certain set of people. Be it any kind of relationship, friendship, career, love, all I have ever done is give. I won't say I expected the same in return because my energy and vibe is unmatchable, but it would be nice to have some proportion of it back. 

As a society, we have been nurturing our children not to give up without differentiating that there will be several ludicrous situations they'll come across where giving up will be the only rational thing to do. If you look at it with an open mind, at times, giving up isn't such a sin. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.