Skip to main content


2021 - A year we had unrealistically high hopes from, and why even not? What we went through in 2020 wasn't something conventional. But sadly, 2021 didn't align exactly with our expectations. There was just too much loss to deal with, loss of lives, loss of sanity, loss of hope. 


The first half of the year was incredibly tough on me. And I won't say the second half of it was easy, but since the first half didn't exactly kill me, it did make me stronger. Apart from the loss, there were also a lot of changes to endure this year. And for a person constantly struggling with anxiety, it is hard to welcome change, be it a good or a bad change. It anyway takes me a substantial amount of time to adjust to the situation firsthand. So, it's just impossible to make mellow with anything that happens out of the ordinary. 


In 2021, we were not only carrying the heavy as hell baggage from 2020, but we also had to go back to our pre-covid lives, the lives we were initially so eager to get back to. But again, the bridge between the expectations and reality was too far off to confront. 


The extroverts weren't exactly extroverts anymore; our idea of normal lives didn't look normal anymore; people matured, friendships matured, distance multiplied. Oh Yes! And half the world got married and moved on to their beautiful lives, the lives the other half maybe dreamt of too but are still not ready after looking at the actuality of things.

 
Amidst this chain of change and diversion of expectations, 2021, did in a certain way, help us in recovering from 2020; it did help us mature, maybe by affronting adulting in our face, but it did. And the biggest of all, it sure taught us to be more welcoming of change, the inevitable, unavoidable, inescapable change. 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.