Skip to main content

YOU DO YOU!


Amid a 100 lies that the school told us, there was one truth. We were often told that life is not easy when you get out of this place. And it wasn't, be it the cut-offs, the moving out of home, or the struggle of not feeling belonged. It didn't stop there. Our college professors again proclaimed that life is not easy when you get out of this place, and again, it wasn't. Be it choosing between a job, or higher studies, or your dreams, or realising your current skill set isn't enough to pay your bills or watching people win the race you are participating in too. I am not even getting started on how it goes up the ante when you become a working professional. It is like we are all a part of a universe-sized video game where difficulty level raises with each passing stage. But unlike three lives, we get numerous chances to fail and rise here. It never gets easier though. You just wipe the slate clean, learn your past lesson good and eventually find your way. It's a long and steady game, and there will be many players telling you to do things a certain way because they think that's the only way to go about it. But, you do you, you do your own thing, regardless. So you take credit for your wins and take ownership of your setbacks. And when you choose to do that, you will unknowingly offend a lot of other players. You can call it collateral damage or toxicity weeding itself out, and it's lowkey fun. Those who respect you for your choices and want to see you winning but will also be there for you if you fail will be like the treasures you collect along the way, and that will be the only thing you won't have to work hard for in this game, they'll find their way to you.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.