Skip to main content

IT GETS BETTER...BUT DOES IT?

 


It gets better! 
You'll get used to it. 

That is what everyone keeps saying all the time for every bloody thing, right. But does it? Does it ever get better?  Well, I don't think it does. I have never seen it getting better. We do get used to it but is that the point. It is like a circuit that keeps getting miserable and miserable! 

I don't want to be ungrateful for the okayish things that life has given me. But lately, the bad is outweighing the good. I keep waiting for it to get better, waking up every day with a teensy hope that this day is going to be different, this week will be the change, but it just keeps getting worse. 

For the longest time, I held myself responsible for many things that go wrong in my life because I have had this pining itch to fix things. In fixing things that were out of my control, I have arrived at a point where I NEED FIXING. 

And I think I know where to start that from, but I am too scared to do that because everything that I have touched to fix hasn't exactly turned into gold. 

For how long are we supposed to cling upon this frail thread of hope that things will get better? Why is it so hard to accept that it may never get better?

It's about time we lift the weight off our shoulders and start setting our hope into things/people that have the genuine potential of getting better because we are not too far from losing it all.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.