Skip to main content


I aim for perfection, this is not just something I write in my CV, it's also a belief I have been leading my life with. I am as confident as one can get. I know what I want, I know how to get it and I have never been afraid to put it out there. The factors that render me confident may not all be ideal but it is what it is, how I am looking, how I am presenting myself, how I get down to things (remember, the aim is perfectionism), how I am coming across people, how much I know about the subject I am going to talk about are a few of those. This is what I have given credence to for all of my existence (and I do not entirely blame myself).

Imperfection is not a word you usually come across much. I heard it on Instagram someday a few years ago. I didn't pay much regard to it though. After all, society doesn't bestow us with concepts like embracing our imperfections. It was very late in life when I acknowledged the importance, well, to be honest, the NEED to embrace it. Because the factors like looks do not always aim for perfection as I do. They mess up. They mess up big time, while the elder generation will judge you and your generation will tell you that it's gonna be okay, IT WILL NOT BE OKAY. While there will be a hundred things that you can nail, you're most likely to be focused on the one that you cannot. It may not destroy your entire confidence but, it will shake up things a bit.

It's as easy as ABC to preach on the gram about appreciating your body and your looks. BUT, it is not cute when your hormones are all over the place or your skin won't behave or all you want to accomplish is fit into the jeans you bought two years ago, and the list goes on and on.

I will neither conclude by saying anything I cannot follow on my own nor do I have any solutions to recommend for the aforementioned issues (because I literally cry or shame eat), but I just hope that the ship hasn't sailed on us to rethink the foundations of our belief system. I also wish for us to introduce a new, refreshing, benign, and purposeful set of beliefs to choose from where imperfections and confidence aren't inversely proportional.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.