Skip to main content


When I parted ways with him and I was trying to recover, to heal, to get back to being who I was, to accept that he isn’t there anymore, for months I told my friends and myself as well that I know all the possible rational explanations to this not ending well, I know things would’ve never worked out, I know it wasn’t meant to be, I am a girl who never works without logic and I know this wasn’t logical at all, I know love brings out a completely different side of me but I also know that it would have never lasted. 

What actually was in my head was a screaming voice constantly questioning everyone and everything, whyyyyyyyyy? What I actually felt was pain, sometimes so intense that I could physically feel it hurting me. I couldn’t be myself, I felt so helpless and so weak that I didn’t even have the energy to ask for the aid. What I actually wanted was to find a way so that all of it can be undone and I could just run back to him, to my love.

I would go over the good times and the bad times, again and again, just to figure out where it all went wrong? How did it start falling apart? I had everything in control. Didn’t I? Was there something I could fix? Was there anything I could’ve done differently? I mean, how didn’t I see this coming? 

For a control freak and a long-sighted person like me, it is very normal to analyze all the possible outcomes and the risks involved while getting into a partnership. How did I so easily undersell the risks? How did I not realize getting my heart broken won’t be as easy and as recoverable as it’s portrayed in the movies? I wish I’d come to better conclusions back then. 

Well, for now, the only definite conclusion I could draw is - 

"However exciting the journey might seem to be but may you never cross paths with someone who’s not going to accompany you to your destination."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.