Skip to main content

Life is a funny game, I’ll never be able to understand some of its rules like why do we always have to learn a lesson the hard way? Why go through a detailed trauma in order to see the real world? Why get our faith shaken in humanity and question the goodness in people to see where we actually stand? Why always carry some kind of baggage? Why cannot it be easy? And if not easy at least not so rough.


I have always been a very carefree person, someone who believed in ignoring the red flags, someone who overlooked a lot of things in order to focus on the good before life hit me hard, and when it did I decided to be wise, I decided to grow up and while doing that I guess I lost my true self. 


I started thinking a lot, I took calculated steps, I tried to get hold of my life, from the person who would trust people even before meeting them, I became a person who could never trust, who stopped looking at the positive side of things, who let her guard so high to save herself from all the possible hurt!


And guess what! I still get hurt, people and things that hurt me are still temporary, what hurts me the most is the fact that in order to gain wisdom I lost the best version of myself.


I couldn’t save myself from hurting but I can save myself from losing the little identity I am left with. I am going to put myself out there and let people know how I feel, I am going to try my best to give people benefit of the doubt, I’ll trust again, I will rebuild my belief in the fact that this world isn’t as cruel as it might seem to be, everyone has their own battles to fight, their own baggage to carry and goodness exists. I am going to live with the belief that we are all here to grow and empower each other.


I know it gets tough, I understand it’s terribly challenging to rediscover who you truly are, but it’s paramount. It’s important to know that some people are worth letting your guard down, some people are worth melting for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What makes a woman unlovable?

A t some point, every single man that I have been with has told me that I am unlovable and that I cannot last with anyone. Not for long, at least. There was this one guy back in the day; who told me I was so complicated that I should come with an instruction manual.  Well, noted. I kept it simple. Put everything on the table. What I was bringing and what I expected in lieu. But, that scared most of them away, and the ones who lasted called me names.  Nearly 28 years of existence, and I couldn't decode my way around a man. How does a woman who knows what she's worth, who knows how she should be treated, who's aware of what she brings and what she should take away from the table, unlovable?  I worked hard for this. To be this woman who knows her worth. I thought this was what people loved me for, and believe me, the list is endless. Everyone loves a woman who's confident, self-aware and speaks for herself unless you are romantically involved with her. Every quality that ...
SHE’S THERE! Exactly where she should be - IN HER LANE . Doing exactly what she’s supposed to do - STAYING FOCUSED . Doing exactly the way she should be - UNBOTHERED . FLOURISHING into a woman she has always dreamt of and worked earnestly for.  But on her way of progress, she comes across a few hurdles. Hurdles in the form of people, things, situations. These hurdles have a sole motive of slowing down the pace of her progress.  She finds passing these hurdles tough at times since everyone has their highs and lows nonetheless, the fighter in her makes her realize that she’s F abulous, her E nergy cannot be matched and her A ura is infectious.  She’s the source of positivity and inspiration to many. She just has to keep up with this one effortless job of being HERSELF with her head held high and nothing or no one can stop her from being on the top.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.