Skip to main content


You’re enough! You are one hundred percent enough and capable of doing everything this world has to offer on your own. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, I repeat, anyone. Be your own provider. It’s empowering.

Don’t ever hold a grudge! Holding a grudge might not affect you at first hand but it surely does a lot of damage subconsciously causing all the negativity around you. Take the high road, It’s difficult but absolutely worth it.

Voice your opinions! In the society we are brought up, our opinions are never heard, respected, or cared for but still take the effort to voice them. Be loud and be further clear about what you think of things. It’s liberating and maybe in years, it will make a change too.

Identify YOUR people! Find your tribe and go lengths to keep them close because you’ll definitely find people on your way who’ll make you choose. Choose wisely. It took me time, heaps of betrayal, and roughly a dozen heartbreaks but I found people who are not only my own little army but the ones I can enjoy comfortable silences with. 

Don’t give up on love! I know it gets tiring waiting for THE ONE. And more than that the journey seems really rocky and draining but you are going to cross paths with that one person who’ll stick around. It will be magical, effortless, and worth the wait.  Meanwhile, why not try falling in love with yourself and make the waiting worth every millisecond.

You know that thing you are too scared to do or go through with? Yeah yeah, that one! Just do it anyway. Failure any day is better than living with regret. You can overcome failure with your wisdom but for getting over a regret, this lifetime might feel brief. Trust me your Ted Talk climax will suck if you don’t have a few setbacks to mention.

What your parents think of you will always, always mean a lot to you. There will be clashes, disagreements, maybe some drama too. But don’t take it too hard on yourself. Wait for a moment, calm down, and try to understand where they are coming from. It will get easy and start making a lot more sense. 

Stop fixing damaged goods! If you go and read the Job Description for the relationship you are committing to, I can assure you, nowhere in there will you find that you need to fix a person first, coach them how to treat you, and clean up their mess in order to derive happiness. I am 23 now and trust me if by this age a person can’t fix themselves, IT’S NOT WORTH IT!

Don’t lose faith in the power of self-healing! As I said earlier, you, my friend are thoroughly capable of fixing your own self. As long as you don’t want to put things in the past and take a road to recovery, no one can push you there. Go easy, trust your instincts, take your time.  If you fall, take a moment, stand up, walk, run, rise! Rise above it all! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PATTERNs & MOs

  I have a friend who once told me about this theory of how we keep befriending or falling for people with identical qualities. It's like a pattern, a subconsciously identified comfort zone that we get lured by.  I gave quite a thought to this, much more than I usually do to something I generally hear. I got really lucky in the friendship department, so falling in the pattern is worth my while. I would happily do it over and over again.  But, when it comes to matters of heart, mmm, not so much! I just realised that the MO of the guys I get involved with is terrifying. (Switched to MO instead of patterns because it's criminal the number of times I have been hurt). It starts with them finding me somewhere on the internet. For the first month, they treat me like I put stars in the sky, pursue me as their world revolves around me, and practically force me to fantasise about a full-fledged life with them. Well, I am no less. My MO is over-sharing, a butt load of honesty, putting on

Jack of Crisis, Masters of Denial

  Sinking in the sea of crisis, human-made, situational or self-induced. We aren't looking for solutions anymore. We aren't wasting time sulking. We are straight-up pushing it all to the deepest, darkest, rarely visited corners of our heads. After all, living in denial still counts for living, contrary to facing the feelings that leave you lifeless. We are eating, drinking, sleeping off or sleeping with the crisis. Pretending to be as unbothered while denying the fact that it burns like a gin and hurts like a bitch. Faking, hoping to make it. Skating through life while the fire within simmers only to erupt when least expected.

Ah! The incomparable joy and comfort in the lonliness

  The joy of roaming around in an empty house in a robe with a glass of wine, The comfort of eating your favourite meal in a public space with your AirPods on, The joy of watching a movie and not getting prompted every minute,  The comfort of not having to talk to anyone after a long-long day of work, The subtle joy and comfort in knowing there isn't anyone for you to depend upon. If you shatter into a thousand pieces, no one is going to pick any fraction of it. I am now best friends with the void that scared the shit out of me. Chills run through my body when I spare a mere thought of how comfortable I have gotten in my own company. I don't know what or which particular experience it is that cut right through me. But whatever or whoever did it, they did me a favour. After it all, you are all you got.